The City participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) which is managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). To stay compliant with the program, the City must have in place codes that reflect the standards set up by the federal government to reduce flood losses.
FEMA: Protecting Your Property From Flooding - (December 2008)
LOMR Map revision news release - (November 2007)
Hard copies of all current Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and Flood Insurance Studies (FISs) are available for viewing in City Hall. Partial or complete copies can be made for a small fee. Additionally, maps and FIRMettes (partial copies) can be viewed, ordered or downloaded from the FEMA Flood Map Store.
- Required Paperwork for each phase
- Floodplain Development Permit (Application)
- City Pre-Construction Elevation Certificate
- City Post-Construction Elevation Certificate
- (Use for both Pre and Post)
- Engineering No-Rise Certificate
- Pre-Construction Floodproofing Certificate
- Post-Construction Floodproofing Certificate
- Pre-Construction Wet Floodproofing Structural Certification
Mark Tate – Department of Public Works
City of Holts Summit
213 S. Summit Dr.
Holts Summit, MO 65043
Office: (573) 896-5600
Fax: (573) 896-4115